Sunday 1 March 2009

Hey all,

I'm new to all this stuff, and not much of an internet boff. But my mate Luke has just built me a website plugging the book - and apparently the done thing is to keep an ongoing blog. So why not - lets do this thing!

So you are probably wondering what an earth I'm doing now - coz it's been 3 years since the walk - man that has gone pretty quick. Well at the moment my Church (SKCC) are paying me full-time to pray - and no I don't get commission for answered prayers (luckily...) There is a bit more to it than praying 8 hours a day (who can do that by the way!). The idea is to look at getting prayer outside the 4 walls of Church, by being creative. So.... We have set up a prayer room, check out the photos, which has been harder work than I thought it would in terms of getting people to pray.

Also I go out prayerwalking in the area especially in Seabrook which I have a heart for - and maybe see myself planting a Church there someday. Prayer visits. An 18-30s cell. A bit of discipleship. And the latest adventure has seen me become a volunteer chaplain at a mental health hospital - and I'm in there as much as I can be, it is amazing! I get a chance to pray for patients - how cool is that! More on that another time.

Anyway that seems long enough for a 1st blog - after all how long are they supposed to be??

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gary - welcome to the blogosphere. Have added you to the UKCBD Blogroll under Authors' Blogs.

    Now all we need to do is get you twittering and you'll be flying! Follow me @notbovvered if you're up for it.

    ReplyDelete